Who is Nuera Insurance?
Nuera is a group of innovative and forward-thinking individuals that get out of bed each day to create a more simple and convenient insurance experience for customers, brokers and our insurance company partners. We have taken on the challenge of changing the negative attitudes and stigma towards insurance by making the insurance process as painless, preventative and rewarding as possible. We aren’t your standard 9-5 shop with team members who don’t enjoy coming to work each day; we’re wired to get up and kick ass and love every second of it.
This is how we role!
We’re not your typical insurance business. Actually, we’re not a typical business period. During the day, you can find team members flying around on scooters, playing shuffleboard tournaments, practicing yoga, reading a book or having a drink to celebrate. We’re all about giving back to our community and participate in multiple charity events throughout the year that everyone can get involved in. Our culture is something we’re proud of and work on regularly as our family-like team grows and are proud of our Work Hard, Play Hard philosophy.
This is how you role!
You are a confident and motivated individual who LOVES recruiting people that exemplify our guiding principles, our culture and share our hunger for success! You are a problem solver and a natural leader. You sweat the details and take pride in your work. You stand behind your team through thick and thin and put relationships first. You are focused and disciplined yet can take on any project thrown your way.
What will your role look like?
- Build and sustain positive people processes that can be implemented effectively and efficiently while positively impacting business performance
- Conduct full cycle recruitment, supporting the business in identifying and planning for growth and future talent needs
- Executing onboarding for all new hires including creation of offer letters, first day schedules and orientation
- Work with teams through periods of rapid change and growth. Support leadership through the implementation of change initiatives
- Help design and implement and support processes for the delivery and management of people, policies, procedures, programs, vacation and benefit programs
- Partner with leadership to acknowledge and address employee issues. Provide coaching to leaders and support with performance management on their teams
- Build and communicate policies to ensure compliance with applicable employment standards act, human rights law and occupational health & safety legislation
- Provide support in the implementation of wellness initiatives through participation in the Nuera social committee
- Other duties as required
- 3-5 years’ experience in an HR Generalist role
- Proven communication (reading, writing, active listening, speaking and facilitation) skills
- Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to integrate people, process and technology in the development of business solutions
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and accurately gauge timelines
- Demonstrate solid critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent writing skills
Sound like the opportunity you’re looking for?
Great, based on what you’ve read above, please email us a short paragraph outlining why you would be a good fit for our organization and the value you would provide. Also, another short paragraph outlining your love for helping people. Please include a link to your LinkedIn profile and a copy of your resume. Don’t have a LinkedIn profile? No problem, it only takes 15 minutes to create one. All qualified applicants will receive a phone interview within three days of applying.
Apply at: email@example.com