Who is Nuera Insurance?
Nuera is a group of innovative and forward-thinking individuals that get out of bed each day to create a more simple and convenient insurance experience for customers, brokers and our insurance company partners. We have taken on the challenge of changing the negative attitudes and stigma towards insurance by making the insurance process as painless, preventative and rewarding as possible. We aren’t your standard 9-5 shop with team members who don’t enjoy coming to work each day; we’re wired to get up and kick ass and love every second of it.
This is how we role!
We’re not your typical insurance business. Actually, we’re not a typical business period. During the day, you can find team members flying around on scooters, playing shuffleboard tournaments, practicing yoga, reading a book or having a drink to celebrate. We’re all about giving back to our community and participate in multiple charity events throughout the year that everyone can get involved in. Our culture is something we’re proud of and work on regularly as our family-like team grows and are proud of our Work Hard, Play Hard philosophy.
This is how you role!
You have an extreme passion for finance. You are hungry and have drive for budget and financial performance monitoring, accounting, financial results analysis, management and financial business intelligence reporting, and measuring and monitoring performance. You will efficiently plan, direct and control the organization’s financial activities.
What will your role look like?
- Implement deployment strategies for financial processes and tools for the organization
- Anticipate the organizational financial needs
- Prepare & deliver meaningful financial reporting presentations to management & members of the board alongside the President & CEO
- Be an integral part of negotiations and financial compliance
- Define, monitor and analyze financial performance indicators
- Tax planning for both now and in the future, considering potential international growth
- Manage the Nude Solutions premium finance division of the corporation including budget and reporting
- Close month end on time and accurately. Find gaps in internal processes and make improvements to ensure a successful month end
- Complete regular reviews on the business to ensure the right financial controls are in place
- You have 5+ years of relevant experience and hold, at least, a CPA designation
- You are a skilled communicator and know how to rally your team members behind the vision of the organization
- You know how to move efficiently from strategy to execution and have a developed practical sense
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, problem-solving, communication, presentation and English language skills
- A successful track record and expertise in identifying and driving value in an organization, as well as a reputation for being a trusted business advisor who is a strategic and creative thinker
- The ability to present financial analytics in a clear and concise manner and you are highly capable of assisting with complex negotiations
- A proven track record of increasing customer and shareholder value; excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills; results oriented with a continuous improvement mindset and the ability to prioritize and deliver on key initiatives
Sound like the opportunity you’re looking for?
Great, based on what you’ve read above, please email us a short paragraph outlining why you would be a good fit for our organization and the value you would provide. Also, another short paragraph outlining your love for helping people. Please include a link to your LinkedIn profile and a copy of your resume. Don’t have a LinkedIn profile? No problem, it only takes 15 minutes to create one. All qualified applicants will receive a phone interview within three days of applying.
Apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org