Who is Nuera Insurance?
Our team has been in the insurance industry for a really long time and figured it was time for change, so in 2015 we founded Nuera Insurance and we’ve been simplifying insurance ever since. We continue to rapidly grow and need more amazing members on our team. We are an innovative insurance brokerage that leverages technology to change the way customers buy and manage their insurance online, allowing our brokers to be extremely efficient, add tons of value, and provide an amazing customer experience.
What are we looking for in a candidate?
A business analyst at Nuera has a willingness to take chances and experiment with new ideas, coupled with a customer focused approach to provide proactive solutions to the customers. You have the ability to adapt to constantly changing project requirements and client expectations. You have worked in a variety of system environments and have a general understanding of the technology considerations.
What qualifications do we require?
- Ability to gather, document/ model requirements, use cases and processes
- Strong technical skills including systems, applications, data analysis and flows
- Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and accurately gauge timelines
- Effectively multi-task and understand multiple inter-dependent projects from business and technical perspective
- Demonstrate solid critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proven communication (reading, writing, active listening, speaking, and facilitation) skills
- Ability to integrate people, process and technology in the development of business solutions
- Proven ability to adapt to a variety of situations
- Knowledge of CSIO, EDI and traditional insurance brokerage systems is an asset, but not required
What will your role look like?
- Create and assist with gap analysis, business case, onboarding, testing plan and revenue models
- Act as subject matter expert and business agent to assist key stakeholders
- Create, review, analyse business and technical requirements, document and model workflows processes, features and manuals
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to identify solutions for customer needs in a fast-paced environment
- Evaluate the sustainability of recommended solutions
- Use established internal processes to develop successful working relationships with business and development teams to implement solutions during the life-cycle of projects including definition, planning, user testing and implementation phases
- Support BA deliverables by managing necessary tools for reporting, defect tracking, and use case documentation
- Create and maintain training manuals, deliver training to users with varied business goals
- Conduct and lead user acceptance testing
- Ensure quality is incorporated into all project and product deliverables through detailed definition, with the goal of decreasing defects and implementing releases with minimum disruptions to customers
- Identify and deploy opportunities for technology and process improvement within and across business units
- Communicate proactively, facilitate meetings and collaborate with project team members to provide regular updates
- Proactively identify, address, and resolve issues/problems as or before they occur
- Assist in building our industry leading Software as a Service (SaaS) platform
- Insurance expertise is an asset, but not required
Sound like the opportunity you’re looking for?
Great, don’t send us your resume. Based on what you’ve read above, please email us a short paragraph outlining why you would be a good fit for our organization and the value you would provide. Also another short paragraph outlining your love for helping people. Please include a link to your LinkedIn profile. Don’t have a LinkedIn profile? No problem, it only takes 15 minutes to create one. All qualified applicants will receive a phone interview within three days of applying.
Apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org